Palas 1000 series SMPS systems are available in a number of variations and these versions depend on the Palas condensation particle counter (CPC) selected and the Palas DMA (differential mobility analyzer also selected. A DMA is also known as a DEMC in the industry which is the terminology that Palas have used for many years. These systems also come with or without an integrated soft-x-ray neutralizer and other neutralizers are also available for use with these systems as required.
- Palas 1050 SMPS System
- Palas 1050X SMPS System (includes soft X-ray neutralizer)
- Palas 1100 SMPS System
- Palas 1100X SMPS System (includes soft X-ray neutralizer)
- Palas 1200 SMPS System
- Palas 1200X SMPS System (includes soft X-ray neutralizer)
Typical DEMC Columns
- 4nm to 600nm particle size range – This uses a short DEMC column
- 8nm to 1,200nm particle size range – This uses a long DEMC column
Palas 1000 series SMPS systems are especially well suited for extremely precise measurements of particle size distribution within the 4nm to 600nm particle size range. These systems include a DEMC classifier in which aerosol particles are selected according to their electrical mobility and passed to the outlet. These particles are then counted by a condensation particle counter. The three available Palas UF-CPC (condensation particle counter) models enable optimal single particle counting in various concentration ranges.
Palas 1000 SMPS systems are operated using a graphical user interface on a color touch screen. A single particle distribution scan can be performed in as little as 30 seconds or in up to 64 size channels per decade, during which the voltage in the DEMC classifier is varied continuously, resulting in higher count statistics per size channel.
The integrated data logger allows linear and logarithmic display of the measured values on the device itself. The advanced software provided also allows extensive data evaluation (statistics, averaging) and export capabilities. These systems are commonly operated as a stand‐alone device however can also be connected to a computer or network using various interfaces (USB, LAN, WLAN, RS-232/485). Palas SMPS systems also universally supports DMAs, CPCs, and aerosol electrometers from other manufacturers.
- Particle size distributions from 4nm to 600nm
- Suitable for concentrations of up to 10 to the power of 8 particles/cm3
- Large 7-inch color touch screen 800 x 600 Pixel display
- Graphical display of the measurement values
- 256 high-resolution particle size channels
- 4GB onboard data storage with integrated data logging
- Can be used with or without a computer in the field or lab
- The user can select any size within the defined particle size range
- Universally connects to DMAs and nano particle counters from other manufacturers
- Continuous and fast-scanning principle of measurement
- USB, LAN, WLAN, WI-FI, AUX, RS232, RS485 communications
- Full remote access capabilities
- Includes advanced PD Analyze software platform
- Variable sheath air flow rate (2.5 – 14 LPM)
- Very low maintenance
- Highly reliable and easy to use
- German-made and high-quality construction
- Portable, can be used in the field
Unlike some competitive systems on the market, these latest generation units have large color touch screen displays and they can be used completely as a standalone device in the laboratory or field, without the need for a computer. They have 4GB of internal data storage and they can also work with a computer as required. They offer a wide range of communications interfaces and may be used with a variety of Palas CPC’s (condensation particle counters), DMA’s and other accessories. The Palas U-SMPS even universally supports DMAs, CPCs, and aerosol electrometers from other manufacturers.
- Filter testing
- Aerosol research
- Inhalation experiments
- Workplace measurements