Palas CIF 3000 filter test rig with the Promo 3000 aerosol spectrometer unit for standard tests on motor vehicle passenger compartment filters in accordance with DIN 71460 part 1 and ISO/TS 11155-1 standards. The volume flow is automatically regulated and adjustable from 60 to 800 m3/h. With the aid of the CIF, both the fraction separation efficiency and the burden on the complete filters or filter media are measured and evaluated.
Particle dosing for the filter test is performed with the brush generator RBG 1000, which has been internationally established for over 30 years. On the CIF 3000, overall and fraction separation efficiency are determined with the high-resolution light scattering spectrometer Promo 3000. This allows reliable tests to determine the separation efficiency and burden tests to be performed across the entire measurement range for all particle sizes. The advantage of the Promo 3000 is the larger measurement range for particles from 200nm.
- Particle measurements from 200nm
- Measurement and evaluation of fraction separation efficiency and burden
- Automatic data acquisition for barometer pressure, temperature, humidity, differential pressure
- Temperature control (+18°C to +90°C) and moisture control (30 – 70%)
- Automatic actuation of all test rig components
- Automatic performance of the measurement processes
- Individual programming of measurement processes for filter testing using the FT Control software
- Separate measurement and analysis parts – this saves time and money, as the analysis can be performed while the measurement is still on-going
- Printouts and saving of complete test records
- Easy access to all data for the recorded measurement signals from the up to 6 external sensors
- Easy operation
- Reliable operation.
- The unit will reduce your operating costs
Following ISO/TS 11155-1, the test rig is additionally equipped with a PALAS AGK 2000 salt aerosol generator. In the testing conduit, filter media up to a size of approx. 220 x 500 mm can also be tested under the conditions stated above. In order to test the influence of real ambient conditions on the separation behavior of filters, Palas offers an upgrade to the CIF test rig with climate technology components for adjustment of the temperature between +18°C and +90°C and the relative humidity between 30% and 70%. As an option, the test rig can be upgraded after provision of the measuring equipment for gas analysis for investigations of the adsorption and desorption dynamics following DIN 71460 part 2 and ISO/TS 11155 part 2.
The CIF 3000 is equipped with a high-pressure ventilator, which can be throttled on the pressure side with infinitely variable adjustment and is frequency-controlled, and which can be automatically regulated via the FT Control filter test software for regulation of the volume flow. Furthermore, sensor data such as the volume flow, temperature, relative humidity and differential pressure at the filter are also recorded automatically during the filter test. The aerosol generators and the corona discharge can be actuated via the FT Control software.
- The CIF 1000 – Includes the Palas PROMO 1000 spectrometer with a measurement range of 120nm to 40um over 4 ranges
- The CIF 2000 – Includes the Palas PROMO 2000 spectrometer with a measurement range of 200nm to 40um over 3 ranges
- The CIF 3000 – Includes the Palas PROMO 3000 spectrometer with a measurement range of 200nm to 40um over 3 ranges