Di-Ethyl-Hexyl-Sebacat (DEHS) is a colorless and odorless fluid which is insoluble in water. It is very good suited for generating solid aerosols. By atomizing DEHS with aerosol generators, droplet aerosols arise. Their main particle size is in the area of the most penetrating particle size (MPPS, 0.2um – 0.3µm).
- Long service time of the aerosol (although liquid)
- Vaporisation not until after hours
- Spheric particles (droplets)
- DEHS proven its ability for the aerosol production in particular for the acceptance and monitoring of clean room technology
- Among the advantages of DEHS as aerosol material is the long life of the particles
- DEHS evaporates after a long time without residue, see table