The Palas DEMC 1000 is available in two versions. This version with the short classifying column (1000 model) is suitable for the size range of 4nm to 600nm. The DEMC size classifier (as defined in ISO 15900) selects aerosol particles based on their electrical mobility and directs them to the outlet. The DEMC is also often referred to as a DMA (differential mobility analyzer). The Palas DEMC universally connects to CPC’s (condensation particle counters) and aerosol electrometers from other manufacturers.
In combination with a poly disperse particle source, a DEMC is used to obtain a very narrow mono disperse particle size distribution for nano particles of a certain size. Accurate size determination and reliable performance of the DEMC are extremely important especially for calibration set-ups.
The size is adjusted by entering it directly on the touch screen (in nm) or by using the arrow buttons to increase or decrease the size. If the DEMC is used as a component of an SMPS system it provides continuous and rapid scanning of the particle size distribution of the aerosol. Based on the user settings, a scan can be performed in as few as 30 seconds or in up to 64 size channels per decade.
The user controls the DEMC using a graphical user interface, which provides linear and logarithmic display of measurement values and data management of the integrated data logger. The software provides sophisticated data evaluation (extensive statistics and averaging) and export capabilities. The DEMC is typically operated as a stand‐alone device, but can also be connected to a computer or network using various interfaces (USB, LAN, WI-FI, RS-232 & RS485).
- 4nm to 607nm particle size range
- 256 particle size channels (128 per decade)
- 1 to 10,000 volt adjustable voltage range
- The user is able to select any size within the defined size range.
- The DEMC can be connected to many counters to form an SMPS
- Continuous and fast-scanning principle of measurement
- Graphic display of measurement values
- Intuitive operation using 7″ 800 x 480 color touch screen and GUI
- 4GB data storage
- Low maintenance
- Reliable function
- Reduces your operating expenses
- Calibration of condensation particle counters
- Mono disperse particle source
- System component of an SMPS system
- Palas DEMC 1000. Standard model
- Palas DEMC 1000-X. This version includes an integrated soft x-ray neutralizer