Introducing the Palas GVT 3000. For over 3 decades, Palas has built filter test systems for filters and filter media or has upgraded existing test rigs with components, such as aerosol generators (droplets, salts and solids), aerosol spectrometers, dilution systems, discharger systems and automation software. In the field of room air filtration, more than 14 existing test rigs have already been upgraded and automated using Palas technology to the complete satisfaction of our international customers.
Upgrading and automation of particle measurement, as offered by the Palas GVT 3000 (General Ventilation Test System Upgrade), serves in quality assurance and the development of filters in EN 779, ASHRAE 52.2 and ISO 16980 test rigs. The upgrade consists of an aerosol spectrometer, incl. laptop/PC and monitor, aerosol generators (optionally: discharge unit), sampling system, as well as automation of the measurement process. The Palas aerosol generators offer unrivaled consistency in terms of the particle concentration and size. This forms the basis for the very good repeatability of test results using the Palas filter testing systems and test rig upgrades.
Thanks to the high-resolution light scattering spectrometer Promo 3000, the fraction separation efficiencies can be determined with greater ease, speed, reliability and accuracy. With the aid of patented optical fiber technology, there are practically no particle losses in the sampling lines, as the sensors can be positioned directly at the measurement point. With the Fidas system, Palas offers the only optical aerosol spectrometer certified in accordance with EN 12341:1998 and EN 14907:2005 for PM2.5 and PM10 measurements.
The Palas PROMO aerosol spectrometer is almost the same in the design as the certified Fidas system and provides reliable PM values for filter testing. FT Control from Palas is simple, reliable and fast filter testing software that has been proven internationally. It enables the test procedure to be executed fully automatically in accordance with EN 779, ASHRAE 52.2 and ISO 16890, including generation of standard-compliant test reports.
- Easy use of different test aerosols, e.g. SAE Fine and Coarse, NaCl, KCl, DEHS
- Highest dosing consistency in aerosol generation with the tried-and-tested Palas aerosol generators
- High resolution measurement technology using welas digital / Promo
- Up to 60 size classes per measurement range from 200nm to 10µm
- Large particle size range of 200nm – 100µm in four measurement ranges
- Determination of PM1, PM2.5 and PM10 values
- Classification accuracy and size resolution exceeding the high demands from ASHRAE 52.2.
- Minimization of sampling losses through the use of patented optical fiber technology
- Flexible filter test rig software FT Control
- Sequence programs for EN779:2012, ASHRAE 52.2 and ISO 16890
- Easy to operate – even untrained personnel can be quickly trained in the use of the equipment
- Short set-up times
- Cleaning and calibration can be performed autonomously by the customer
- Highest measurement reproducibility of the test system
- Easy use of the measurement technology components – even in other applications
- Reliable, fast, reproducible and therefore cost-effective measurement results
- Complete system from Palas, including the individual components
- Clear verification of the function of the individual components and the system as a whole within the scope of pre delivery acceptance testing and on delivery
- Low maintenance
- Reduces your operating expenses
The GVT 3000 test rig upgrade is modular and can therefore be adapted to the relevant standards.
- Filter testing in accordance with EN 779:2012
- Filter testing in accordance with ASHRAE 52.2
- Filter testing in accordance with ISO 16890