The Palas PROMO 2000 series aerosol spectrometers are arguably the most advanced portable aerosol spectrometers of their type in the world. Offering an incredibly wide particle size range, 128 high-resolution particle size channels, a large color touch screen display, and many other features, the PROMO 2000 is the ideal tool for the serious dust/particle monitoring professional. The unit provides amazing high-resolution particle concentration and size measurements over its entire particle size range.
Depending on the composition of the aerosol to be measured (i.e. the carrier gas component and the particle material), pressure and temperature changes in the carrier gas can significantly influence the particle size distribution (i.e to condensation or evaporation). For this reason, the PALAS WELAS aerosol sensors (2070H, 2070HP, 2100H, 2100HP, 2200H, 2200HP, 2300H, 2300HP, 2500H, 2300HP) are equipped with a heatable and, as required, pressure-tight cuvette to ensure isobaric and iso thermal sampling into the sensor’s measurement volume.
The PROMO 2000H model variant also offers heating regulation for temperatures up to 250 °C for the aerosol sensors with heatable cuvette. The PROMO is usually calibrated for the operating volume flow. In the PROMO 2000H version, regulation of the sampling volume flow is performed independently by the customer taking the temperature and pressure into consideration.
- 200nm – 100um ultra-wide particle size range
- 4 selectable particle size ranges in the one state-of-the-art device (0.2um – 10um, 0.3um – 17um, 0.6um – 40um, 2um – 100um)
- 128 high-resolution particle size channels per measuring range
- A wide particle concentration range of 1 particle/cm3 to 10 to the power of 6 particles/cm3
- 5 LPM flow rate for sampling larger sized particle efficiently
- 20 MHz processor with 256 raw channels of digital data
- 7 inch 800 x 480-pixel high-resolution touch screen display
- Windows Embedded operating system
- 4 GB compact flash internal data storage
- The latest optical light wave conductor technology
- The latest optical fiber technology
- USB, Ethernet, RS232, RS485 and WI-FI communications
- Complete instrument control by RS232 or Ethernet
- Easily networked. Can be easily connected to Ethernet LAN networks for data transfer
- Calibration curves for different refractive indices
- Patented T aperture with no border zone error
- Supports direct remote web server access from PALAS
- Very high and reproducible counting efficiency rate starting at 0.2µm
- Comes complete with PALAS PD Analyze analysis software. Optional PD Control software available
- Very low maintenance
- Calibration, cleaning and lamp replacement can all be performed independently by the customer
- Reliable and repeatable high-resolution results
- Supports various PALAS Welas series sensors with different volumes and specifications
- Many other advanced features
Palas Promo 2000 Series Options
- PALAS PROMO 2000 – Standard system
- PALAS PROMO 2000H – With heating regulation up to 250 degrees C for Welas aerosol sensors
- PALAS PROMO 2000 HP – Same features as the 2000-P model, however for use in temperatures up to 120 °C
- PALAS PROMO 2000P – With automatic regulation of the sampling flow through the Welas aerosol sensors at an over pressure up to 10 bar
Palas Welas Series Sensors
The Palas Promo 2000 series may be used with any of the different PALAS Welas series particle sensors, as shown in the image above. These Welas series particle sensors have different measurement volumes and are connected to the PROMO 2000 control unit via fiber optic cable (lengths up to 30m). The sensors sit directly on top of the control unit which provides the BEST possible measurements, as it eliminates sample tubing and thus eliminates any particle losses as a result thereof. Please refer to the individual specification sheets for the Welas series sensors or call us for more information. The user can select between 4 different measurement ranges in one powerful instrument.
- 0.2µm – 10µm
- 0.3µm – 17µm
- 0.6µm – 40µm
- 2µm – 100µm (additionally for sensors 2300 and 2500)
Such a Versatile Device
The large color touch screen display ensures user-friendly operation. Measurements can be started easily, and all of the data, such as the current size distribution and the number concentration, as well as 24 further statistical values, can be evaluated and displayed in real-time. This powerful unit can be used in the field or laboratory as a complete standalone instrument, without computer control. It can also be used with an external computer. It can be used for continuous ongoing measurements or for short tests/experiments. All the incoming data can be stored with a maximum temporal resolution of 1 second.
The Promo 2000 can, therefore, measure and save data over large periods of time independently. For data transfer, PROMO 2000 can also be integrated into a company network. The PROMO 2000 also has a standard interface and can be controlled by a process control system or by a simple Labview program. For this reason, the PROMO 2000 is especially well suited for control and monitoring applications. Temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors can also be connected.
New Measurement Technology
The PROMO 2000 series offers a new, fast 20 MHz signal processing processor, which analyses the progression of each particle signal. This makes it possible to recognize coincidental events in light scattering measurement technology at the individual signal and correct them. This way it is possible to increase the maximum concentration limit up to 10 to the power of 6 particles/cm3 (Welas 2070 sensor). Also in low concentrations <1 particle/cm3 with the Welas 2500 sensor, which leads to a higher measurement accuracy.
Imagine the applications you could use this powerful device for.
- Emission monitoring of installations
- Control of grinding and classification processes
- Monitoring of production processes in the food, pharmaceuticals and chemicals industries
- Testing of complete filters, inertial and wet separators or electrostatic precipitators
- Indoor air quality
- Outdoor air quality monitoring
- Occupational health exposure studies
- Aerosol research
- Smoke monitoring
- Many others