The Palas DNP Digital 3000 is a state-of-the-art aerosol generator designed for the generation of nano-scale test aerosols from graphite, silver (Ag), gold (Au), copper (Cu) and other materials through condensation. Carrier gas: Nitrogen or Argon. Particle measurement devices should be calibrated using aerosols / particles with characteristics (shape, size, density, surface condition, and refractive index) that are similar to those of the actual aerosols the customer wishes to measure.
For example, diesel particulates, smoke aerosol, coal dust, silica dust etc. Many dust and particle measurement instruments are simply sold by suppliers and the end user is none the wiser and or fails to calibrate and use these instruments properly and as a result they end up with poor and or inaccurate measurements. The new Palas DNP digital 3000 generates a condensation aerosol from monolithic graphite. The resulting carbon agglomerates are similar to diesel soot with respect to particle size distribution. The generator enables an enhanced setting range as well as an even higher constancy of the generated particle size and concentration.
The DNP digital 3000 requires nitrogen or argon as the carrier gas. Nitrogen or argon causes virtually no change in the density of the exhaust gas being measured.The carrier gas argon is mainly used in academic applications such as to evaluate the effect of nano particles in inhalation and or toxicology research. In these fields Professor Oberdörster from the university of Rochester’s Medical Center has undertaken a lot of academic research with the previous version of the Palas DNP digital 3000 (the Palas GFG 1000) and published a lot of academic papers with different electrode-conductive electrodes.
- Fast adjustable particle size distribution
- Very precise adjustment of volume flow via Mass Flow Controller
- Excellent short-term and long-term particle size and concentration constancy
- Particle structure similar to that of diesel soot at graphite electrodes
- Apart from graphite electrodes, copper, silver or other electro conductive electrodes can be used as well
- The PMP measuring section is easy connectable to CVS systems in combination with RAS 3000 (accessories)
- No volatile parts in the aerosol
- Aerosol is temperature-resistant to 400 °C
- AK interface protocol for Ethernet via UDP protocol
- Easy to operate by touch display
- Highest reproducibility by saving the operation settings
- Easy transport
- Reliable function
- Best reproducibility
- Low maintenance
- Reduces your operating expenses
- Calibration of PMP measurement chain
- Calibration of particle measurement devices
- Calibration of sampling lines
- Production of nano particles
- Inhalation exploration