The PALAS Fidas Smart 100E is one of the most advanced outdoor real-time dust/particle monitoring instruments on the market. It’s a compact, feature-packed EN16450 & MCERTS certified real-time multi-function dust / particle monitor suitable for a wide range of outdoor air quality measurement applications. It features a wide 175nm – 20um particle size range, 64 high-resolution particle size channels, a massive 10 GB of data storage, and many other features WAY beyond the capabilities of competitive instruments on the market. A newly developed mass conversion algorithm calculates PM values based on single-particle optical light scattering, taking signal duration and shape into account.
The sensor system and advanced algorithms were developed based on the same technology as used in the EN 16450 certified Palas Fidas 200. The heated aerosol inlet ensures that results are not affected by relative humidity or by the presence of fog droplets. Under any weather conditions, the Fidas Smart 100 achieves precision measurements that are comparable to type approved analyzers. A portable version of the Fidas Smart 100E is also available with similar specifications for many different types of indoor and outdoor air quality monitoring applications.
The unit is also officially MCERTS certified and EN16450 certified for real time compliance grade dust monitoring (equivalency) and not many dust monitoring instruments on Earth can achieve this level of certification. These certifications really give customers confidence that they are purchasing a quality and accurate measurement instrument.
- Simultaneous PM1, PM2.5, PM4, PM10 and TSP (total PM) particle mass measurements
- Particle counts (number)
- Particle size distribution over 64 high-resolution particle size channels
- Atmospheric pressure (700 – 1,100 hPa)
- Temperature (-20 to +60 degrees C)
- Relative humidity (0 to 100%)
- CO2 (0 to 5,000 ppm) using NDIR
- TVOC (0 to 60,000 ppb)
- Air quality index (in accordance with European regulations)
- This version of the SMART 100 system has a special inlet design for existing roof openings
- 175nm to 20um wide particle size range
- 64 high-resolution particle size channels
- 0 to 20,000 particles / cm3 measurement range (counts)
- 0 to 20,000 ug/m3 (20mg/m3) mass measurement range
- Simultaneous PM1, PM2.5, PM4, PM10, and TSP dust fraction measurements
- Simultaneous particle counts and particle size distribution measurements
- Simultaneous temperature, relative humidity, atmospheric pressure, CO2, TVOC and AQI measurements
- 1.0 LPM flow rate
- The latest LED ultra long-life light source technology
- USB, Ethernet, WI-FI and optional UMTS communications
- ADP, ASCII protocols
- Built-in SIM CARD slot for 3G/4G mobile data accessing
- 10 GB enormous data storage capacity
- Lightweight at only 3.9Kg
- Fast 1-second response time
- -20 to + 50 degrees C temperature range
- 22 Mhz fast signal processor with 256 raw data channels
- Heated inlet for removing moisture in the air
- MCERTS certified for PM2.5 & PM10
- EN16450 approved for PM2.5 & PM10
- Computation of air quality index based on measurements of particulates, CO2, and VOC
- Extremely high accuracy measurements due to advanced algorithms
- Long term stability due to self-calibration for measurement of flow rate, particulates, and gaseous pollutants
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise operating system
- Palas PD Analyze advanced measurement software included
- Low power consumption (15 watts)
- Operates on AC, DC, or even power-over-Ethernet
- 2-year calibration interval
- Outdoor air quality monitoring
- Production processes
- Occupational health & safety exposure monitoring
- Bulk material handling (mixing, discharge, storage, packaging)
- Fence line Monitoring outdoors
- Construction sites, roads, railroads, demolition sites
- Buildings, schools, kindergartens, hospitals, hotels, offices, public service buildings
- Residential buildings near construction sites or other polluted areas
- Public transportation, airports, train stations, tramways & underground stations, cruise ships, passenger cabins
In addition to monitoring PM2.5 and PM10, which are commonly monitored in industry, the Fidas Smart 100E simultaneously calculates and records PM1, PM4, the total dust load, the particle number concentration (counts) as well as the particle size distribution. The Fidas Smart 100 provides precise and comprehensive information about particulates of which only a single particle counting and sizing instrument can.
The Fidas Smart 100E features a robust, attractive weather shield and can be combined with a multitude of mounting systems by a VESA compatible bracket. Special rugged versions for hazardous environments are available on demand. The Fidas Smart 100 is designed for unattended, continuous operation and features an extraordinarily durable sampling gas blower. The system is also specially designed to resist getting contaminated in the field, however in the unlikely event that it did, it can be easily cleaned by the end-user. Exceptional long term stability of the measurement system is achieved by automatic calibration tracking, which also allows up to two years of operation without re calibration. Calibration status can be checked, using a test powder provided by Palas. This makes Palas aerosol spectrometers the ONLY optical fine dust monitors which can be user calibrated with a traceable standard on-site.
The Fidas Smart 100E features fast data interfaces and allows real-time access over Ethernet, WiFi, or a cellular network. Since all the results are calculated and recorded within the analyzer it requires no external data processing. Users retain full control over their data and decide over information access. The Fidas Smart 100E can also provide numerical data, using various communication protocols, as well as visualize information on any type of device using a modern web interface.
Cloud Based Data Storage
Our specially created cloud application My Atmosphere enables both private and governmental operators to retrieve current measured values directly, to compare them with other devices without delay and further processing, or to integrate them into their own systems / environments via optional API (application programming interface).