The Delta Ohm PMsense particle monitoring transmitter is a low cost, high quality, real-time PM1, PM2.5 and PM10 sensor for particle measurements in buildings, offices and indoor environments. Over the last few decades there have been numerous measures all over the world to limit pollution caused by harmful air emissions. In general, we can state that with the new regulations that have been implemented by most governments we see limitations in harmful emissions from industry, energy and transport.
Over the last years, it has become very clear that particulate matter, consisting of a mixture of solid and liquid particles in the air, can cause health problems. Especially extremely small particles with diameters less than 10μm (PM10) are dangerous to human health. The exact content of PM can vary by location, it is a mixture of chemical characteristics. Not in all cases the source of PM is something that can be directly controlled, some have natural sources. Main known sources of PM that can be controlled are industrial activities, combustion engines, combustion for energy production, road traffic, dust and others.
- 300nm (0.3um to 10um particle size range
- 0 to 1,000ug/m3 particle concentration range
- PM1, PM2.5 and PM10 measurements
- 7 to 30 volts DC power supply
- Linearity < 5%
- Repeatability <3%
- Temperature drift <0.01ug/m3 per deg C
- RS485 with Modbus RTU or ASCII communications
- The transmitter can be supplied with up to 2 optional configurable 4 to 20mA, 0 to 5V or 0 to 10 V analog outputs.
- 10,000 hour sensor life span with continuous use
- Optional CO2 sensor may be integrated into the unit
The Delta Ohm PMsense can be operated in two ways
- Continuous operating mode: the sensor is always active and measurements are continuously taken. In this mode at least 10,000 hours of PM sensor life are guaranteed
- Discontinuous operating mode (default): the sensor is activated at regular intervals, when measurements has to be taken. This mode increases the PM sensor life
Delta Ohm PMsense Versions
- PMsenseM – Particle measurement only with RS485 Modbus RTU communications
- PMsenseA – Particle measurement only with RS485 Modbus RTU communications + 2 x 4-20mA outputs
- PMsenseV – Particle measurement only with RS485 Modbus RTU communications + 2 x 0 to 10V outputs
- PMBsenseM – Particle & CO2 measurement with RS485 Modbus RTU communications
- PMBsenseA – Particle & CO2 measurement with RS485 Modbus RTU communications + 2 x 4-20mA outputs
- PMBsenseV – Particle & CO2 measurement with RS485 Modbus RTU communications + + 2 x 0 to 10V outputs