The Palas VKL 10 dilution system with 1:10 dilution can reduce the concentration of aerosols by 10:1. Many particle measurement devices have concentration limits and once these limits are reached measurement accuracy is compromised. Dilution devices such as the PALAS VKL 10 are ideal for dropping particle concentration levels in a defined and reliable way. The Palas VKL 10 is used vertically for the particle size range up to 20µm for powders and dust. Dilution factors of up to 1:100,000 are achieved by cascading several VKL systems.
Palas also manufacture an additional VKL 10 ED model which is made of stainless steel and which works according to the ejector principle for chemically aggressive aerosols. This ED version can be used up to a temperature of 700 Kelvin. Isobaric aerosol dilution up to 10 bar over pressure is possible.
- The dilution systems from Palas are characterized by unambiguously. This is documented with a calibration certificate for each individual device.
- The dilution steps deliver a temporally constant, representative dilution with the factors 10 and 100.
- The dilution systems can be cascaded with the factors 100, 1,000, 10,000 and 100,000
- Low compressed air consumption, e.g. just 128 l/min with a dilution factor of 10,000 with four VKL 10 systems
- The dilution steps are compatible with all common particle counters.
- With a simple test set-up, these cascaded dilution systems can be checked by the users themselves.
- Isobaric dilution up to 10 bar over pressure / iso thermal dilution up to 120°C with the VKL10E, VKL10ED, KHG10 and KHG10D dilution systems
- Simple functional test on-site
- Aerosol measurement technology: diesel exhaust gases, coolant aerosols, weld smoke, oil droplets, test aerosols of filters and inertial separators
- Separation efficiency determination with counting measuring methods, e.g. with dust filters or HEPA / ULPA filters
- Leak test and acceptance measurements of clean rooms, isolators, and safety workbenches
- Inhalation toxicology
- Quality control of respirator masks and filter cartridges