The PALAS PMFT 1000-F is a state-of-the-art N95 / disposable mask and filter testing system for primarily testing respiratory masks in accordance with various global standards. This advanced system is not only capable of testing particle filtration efficiency (PFE), it’s also capable of counting and sizing particles over a massive 145nm to 40um wide particle size range and with 128 high-resolution particle size channels.This amazing testing system is not just a filter/mask tester, it’s a high-performance particle counting, sizing, and analysis system all in one giving the end-user extraordinary measurement capabilities FAR beyond what is available on many other filter testing systems.
Imagine being able to test the particle filtration efficiency (PFE) as well as test the particle penetration of masks and media at individual particle sizes (with 128 channels) across this wide 145nm to 40um particle size range. Imagine how useful being able to count and size particles would be as well in truly being able to test and understand how your masks/media is performing.
The PMFT 1000-F is capable of testing respiratory masks and filter types far better than the standards require and with far greater accuracy and stability and it’s an excellent system for testing masks that are used for protection against SARS, Coronavirus (COVID 19), and other airborne viruses. Manufactured in Germany by world-renowned particle instrument manufacturer PALAS, these PMFT test systems are extensively used throughout Australasia and the world for testing N95 masks and media to the highest levels.
- EN 143
- EN 149 (optional upgrade)
- EN 13274-7
- GB 2626
- NIOSH 42 CFR 84 (optional upgrade)
- ASTM 2299-3 (optional upgrade)
- ASTM F3502-21
- ISO 16900-3
- Testing of respiratory filters with an efficiency of up to 99.9995% and a penetration of 0.0005% respectively
- It’s a state-of-the-art, feature-packed test system for testing in accordance with various global standards
- Meets the requirements for respirators specified by the CCF (Covid Certified Filter) quality seal
- It can also be used to test to NIOSH 42 CFR 84, GB 2626, CWA 17533, ASTM 2299-3 and many other global standards
- Incorporates the latest PALAS PROMO LED 2300 sensor technology with ultra-long life light source
- It’s a high performance, high-resolution filter tester and particle counting/sizing system as well
- The unit is capable of testing fractional efficiency (efficiency across the entire 145nm up to 40µm particle size range)
- Comes standard with 2 aerosol generators, one for OIL and the other for SALT (NaCl)
- It’s not just a filter tester, it’s a particle counter, particle sizer analyzer and advanced research tool capable of helping companies determine the actual size and numbers of particles getting through their masks / media, which can help companies improve existing and develop newer products.
It can provide the exact analysis of filter and filter mask efficiency for SARS-CoV-2 (size approx. 120nm up to 160nm) in the size range between 100nm and 180nm with 8 particle size channels allocated to this range
- It’s totally future proof, it works with ANY kind of aerosol on the market (without adjustments), not just salt, paraffin, PAO or DOP
- It can be upgraded and expanded and upgrades come out all the time giving customer new capabilities
- It incorporates a single aerosol spectrometer and not multiple measurement devices where the measurement uncertainly is compromised
- It has exceptionally stable flow (unlike some devices on the market) which improves measurement accuracy. Unstable flow can mean the difference between PASS & FAIL
- The unit also measures differential pressure with different face velocities to simulate the measurement of breath resistance
- The face velocity adjustable between 1.5 – 70 cm/s
- The unit is capable of fast quality assurance AND continuous optimization in R&D applications (display of size distribution)
- Individual face mask adapters are available for your product or application
- On-site service level agreements and calibration services throughout Australia and New Zealand