The Palas UF CPC 200 condensation particle counter is a state-of-the-art measurement device optimized for highly accurate high concentration measurements (for example: downstream from a filter medium or in operating rooms). The Palas UF CPC 200 measures the total particle concentration of ultra-fine and nano particles suspended in air or other carrier gases. These particles are enlarged by a condensation process in order to enable the precise determination of their number with an optical light scattering detector.
The working fluid (butanol or water) is vaporized as a condensation agent. The nano particles to be measured are directed through the vapor atmosphere, during which the vapor condenses on the nano particles in a cooling zone. The condensation process is influenced by the nano particles themselves, as well as the working fluid, the operating temperatures, and the volume flow.
In addition to their number, the UF CPC 200 also measures the size of the droplets and provides the user with additional information concerning the condensation process. This novel and patented working fluid delivery system provides greater flexibility. The user is no longer limited to butanol or water but may also opt for more environmentally friendly or better-suited working liquids for special applications, in addition to butanol and water.
In addition, the modular design of the components enables the end-user to easily perform most maintenance tasks (cleaning, pump replacement etc). In research mode, the user is able to easily adjust a variety of parameters such as the temperature settings on the saturator using the 7″ touch screen. For process control applications, the UF CPC supports a standard interface with various protocol options (Modbus etc) and provides features such as remote access and data storage on the Internet or an internal network.
- 4nm to 10,000nm wide particle size range
- 0.9 liters per minute (Butanol) and 0.3 – 1.0 liter to minute flow rate (adjustable) for other working fluids
- Optimized for high concentration measurements 10 to the power of 6 particles/cm3 (single count mode)
- The UF CPC is able to count up to 2,000,000 particles/cm3 in single count mode, depending on the sensor in use (able to be switched out by the user).
- Integrated computer with 7” 800 x 400 Pixel color touch screen
- Intuitive user interface with sophisticated software for data evaluation
- 4GB Integrated data logger for mass data storage
- Butanol operating liquid (isopropanol and water can also be used)
- Optional catalytic strippers available for indoor use
- Powerful Palas PD Analyze analysis software package
- High stability, ultra long-life LED light source
- Fast 20Mhz digital signal processing with 256 raw data channels
- This novel and patented working fluid delivery system provides the user with the option to quickly switch between butanol and isopropanol, for example, or even water.
- Unlimited network compatibility that supports remote control and data storage on the Internet
- Integrated interface for process control applications
- Aerosol research
- Testing of filters and air purifiers
- Environmental measurements
- Workplace exposure and occupational safety studies
- Studies concerning inhalation and health impacts
- Process control and surveillance
- Printer emission studies